“A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving.” - Lao Tzu

“A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving.” - Lao Tzu

Friday, September 23, 2011

Squatters Epiphany

Judging by how few and far between my posts are , its become clear. I am not a blogger. That’s not to say I don’t enjoy writing ( I do) Its just when I'm living my regular life I don’t feel compelled to write. Here is the problem I have with that. I want my regular life to be something I want to write about. So after about a year after I set forward on my way to South America (and since returned to Canada), Ive come to a conclusion.

I am a rock climber and more importantly I'm most content in my life being a rock climber.
Maybe its strange to identify as a dirt bag climber , but to me, its paradise. In the past many months I haven't been climbing, I haven't been following the climbing world , not even thinking about climbing, and I have not been content. So, today it changed.
I went bouldering by myself for the first time ever. Amazing how something so dull as traversing at squatters bluff surrounded by garbage could be so rewarding mentally. So can you hear it? That’s the sound of my new leaf turning. A leaf which symbolizes who I am. A climber. Watch out world.

No comments:

Post a Comment